PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Annual Report
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 21:22
'holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't think they weren't planning on doing much reconfiguring since the J* international and mainline domestic were meant to be equivalent. Seems different now with change of mind on domestic business class.
Fair enough. The main point I was trying to make was that the costs of transferring aircraft between the 2 groups appear to be doubled under the current arrangement. This is apart from questioning whether Jetstar and the Group could possibly save money by leasing aircraft from an outside company or by Jetstar owning the aircraft, as opposed to Jetstar leasing aircraft from Qantas.

The lack of dividend suggests that the group as a whole is capital constrained.
Yep, I'd agree with that in 2011. However when the A330s were given to Jetstar a few years back, the company was making record profits year after year and was paying one of the best dividends on the ASX. It's ability for generating cash was one of the major selling points to private equity, and I also seem to remember that at one stage GD was being criticised in the media for under leveraging the company. Capital definitely wasn't a problem back then.