PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Attendants - General Q & A
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 20:29
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Xpert,
I don't doubt that safety may have been an important part of your interview and of course ALL airlines want to operate in the safest of ways and have processes in place to achieve that but having worked in Recruitment and Selection for my own airline, that is not something that is talked about in our interviews but of course your own airline may be different.

In fact if a safety related example is given by a candidate as an example of working in a team, we always listen to the example politely but then ask for a non safety related example. The reason being is that working in a team in, for example, a medical incident is very role led and this is something that is taught. What an airline is looking for in the interview is someone that can interact with customers and colleagues and work using their own initiative and if you can do this, it will be a given that you will be able to cope with all the safety related aspects of an airline.

I am sure however it would not hurt to mention that you are aware of how important safety is if you wanted to but if I was giving advise I would suggest that saying looking after the customer and giving good customer service was the most important thing to an airline, if you were asked.

Safety is undoubtedly a very important part of our job but what will get you the job is showing in your interview that you are totally passionate about customer service!

Last edited by Betty girl; 26th Mar 2011 at 20:41.