PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing NORDO at KDCA
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 18:20
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, I guess you (con-pilot) are one of the group of people who confuse flying hours (getting away with it) and type ratings as a substitute for risk assesment and mindfulness. So prevalent in the US. It like US pilots all wish they were flying air mail in DH4s .

BOAC. The night time aspect is particularly concerning.
Yeah, I got away with it for over 21,000 hours of flying all over the world.

It is quit obvious you are not a professional pilot and the only knowledge you have of professional flying is what you see on TV and read in the newspapers.

Now as for this little condescending statement.\

"I seem to recall a couple of cases where pilots have struggled to even take off on the correct runway or land at the correct airfield."
Yes, it happens. However, the vast majority of such incidences occur at controlled airport that are manned, with awake controllers. Which makes your point mute and not relevant.

People like you is the reason myself and many other real pilots do not visit this forum that much.

Too many so called, non aviation experts that don't have a clue what they are talking about and resort to using insulting language and made up crap.

Oh, along with being a retired pilot, I'm also an NTSB Aircraft Accident Investigator.