PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Random 737 questions
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 10:56
ninja_turtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Random 737 questions

I wanted to know the reason :

1) When the flap lever is selected to flap 25 we get an indication on the speed tape in 700s and not the same in 800s for a flap 30 landing ?

2) Why only the elect hyd pumps have an overheat indication ?
Arent the eng driven pumps subject to overheat conditions as well ?

Our FCOM has a min main tank fuel quantity for the heat exchanger for the elect hyd pumps but none for the eng hyd pumps .

3) Many of our 737s have a (-4) indication on the Radio Altimeter on the ground .
Ive been told that it is an induced error and has something to do get a zero reading upon main gear touchdown and the same error is to cater for compression of the main gear .
Is that correct , can someone explain this better ?

4) If the flaps were extended normally during take off , could you use the Alternate Flap switch to retract the LE devices ?
Ive been given to understand , that if you hadnt extended the flaps using the alternate system , it could be possible to also use that switch to retract the LE devices using the retract option .

5) When the BIAS factor is derived for an aircraft , is it reached upon by only looking at the condition of the engine or does it cater for the condition of the airframe and or other things that can affect performance and fuel consumption with regards to the aircraft in itself and not external conditions .

6) I understand that the min assumed temp that one could use would be the engine flat rating and that if I fed in an assumed lesser than that , the FMC would take it but still give me thrust equal to the flat rating and that the feeding of such lesser min temp served to be of no real purpose really . Is that correct ?