PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways leads the pack in drunk pilots
Old 26th Mar 2011, 07:29
malq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody is an Investigator today!

Even if he or she can't find Flight Simulator on their apps or whatever, there is this hoard of "media" running around outside MoCA/DGCA as though it was built yesterday. Come on guys and ladies, the place is so old it has been used for period movies like GANDHI and was a corrupt mess even when I was trying out power flying as a hobby alternative to gliding way back in the '70s - while on leave from my day job on ships, and since the better girls hung out with flyers rather than gliders.

People seem to have forgotten boy wonders like Rahul Mahajan, so then, why blame DGCA alone - when his documentation came pre-fabricated from the US? Likewise, the late dear departed Sanjay Gandhi, he wasn't doing too badly either.

if the MoCA or DGCA were really serious on trying to correct things, they would re-check documentation top downwards, instead of concentrating on the low lying easier fruit at the bottom. Even in the '70s it was the offspring and the children of the rich who made it up this ladder, unless they came horizontally from the IAF - and I can name two really REALLY senior pilots who simply didn't clear their XIth/XIIth exams - though they certainly got some certification subsequently.

The cops on security duty have for long been refering to some domestic airline pilots as BlueLine/RedLine bus drivers - those from Delhi will catch the reference. Is it any wonder, then, that 6E and SG are seeing the maximum action?

You want to investigate, you need to concentrate on some of the senior pilots in the "game", and their certification. The bottom base of the pyramid will then automatically fall in line, with far less effort.

DGCA and MoCA are only interested in "containing" the issue. Not resolving it. And that's the truth.