PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ Pilot heading to Auz
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 01:57
bushpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a look at the Northern Territory as well ie Kakadu, also anything in the North Queensland area (Cairns as a stepping off point) including the Torres Strait. I have known of people employed in the Torres Strait VFR only. An instrument rating though is good to have there of course. It would help if you had a bit of multi time, especially BN2, for Torres Strait most likely.

At least one operator in the NT (Darwin) has remoter bases in places like Borroloola in aircraft like the C210 and VFR.

Cessna 210 time would be of value if you have it for "any" flying in the North. Most people I've seen, over a lot of years, who give it a solid go and stick it out have reaped benefits from it not to mention having a ball and gaining good experience.

I am not up with the latest of who's who and who is doing what to whom in the North but could suggest a couple of initial contact companies just to get the networking started if you want to message me through these pages. There would be others a bit more up to date than me though.

Good Luck.

Last edited by bushpig; 26th Mar 2011 at 01:59. Reason: Grammar