PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A&P to ??? conversion...
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 01:31
BAe146s make me cry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
topotopo

I was under the impression ENAC was quite particular about conversions.

When British Airways Engineering submitted applications for four Italian Nationals based at the BA Rome Line Station in 2006 for FAA A&P based approvals conversion to B1.1. ENAC would then only afford Cat A1 AMLs to these staff.

British Airways required these personnel to hold B1.1 licences. The UKCAA SRG then issued B1.1 (restricted) licences with NO examinations and very illegally - no conversion reports for the individuals concerned.

Sadly, there will never be any official consequence to these actions as mentioned in a recent ALAE Tech log section about meetings with EASA.
There are EASA NAA's with many 1000's of irregularities with aircraft maintenance licences but will they actually ever be fully corrected? No.

The current Indian DGAC FCL fiasco is almost equivalent to what has quietly gone on in many EASA NAA's with Engineer Licensing over the last 8+ years. The silence on this issue is deafening.

Topotopo, its difficult to see how ENAC could/would convert non-EASA AMLs in 2011 given that all 'transition periods' have passed. Unless you are willing to share more information?

BAe