PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This happened yesterday in Guatemala
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2002, 20:57
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless sums it up............

No matter what courts ,FAA, whatever decide. It was avoidable, the style of flying employed not necessary to give the pax a thrill.
Someone died, the lone responsibility lies with the pilot. Because of his action someone died. I trust he did not intend to kill the guy, it "just" happened. He will have to live the rest of his life with that. Plus lots of professional pilots will have their own mind and opinion about him.........

THman:

I take it you do not frequent Central America a lot.
Take a trip to Panama in your next vacation, you will see plenty metaphors for the accident, though they are still not logical, rather ignorant and stupid to the max.
Actually you will see them to the DOZEN EVERY day!!

Here they call them "Red Devels" - Ex-US-Schoolbuses, painted very colorful, mainly red (see the name?). These are the regular transportation in Panama. Lots of them are just dumb idiots, racing each other on every chance, with a lot of times faulty equipment. I am here now since about 10 years. I saw at least 15 cases of "missing rear axle". The whole thing just brakes loose, if you are lucky the bus stays upright and comes to a rest some 50 yards ahead!
Police knows it, but just ignores it - [Panamanian]police!! something else over what to let of steam - maybe in a different forum....

3top

PS: Of course NOT ALL buses are chunk and drivers are idiots!!
Taxi drivers take another big chunk of the idiot population down here!!

Last edited by 3top; 14th Sep 2002 at 21:36.