PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iv made my decision. where to now?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2001, 17:17
Blindside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that the general concensus is that you should reconsider your decision to leave college. Even suppposedly final decisions can be reversed!

Unless you have hit the principal or something similar, swallow your pride and get back to college. 3 or 4 years can appear an extremely long time when you are 18 years old or so, but in reality it isn't.

Unless you have the necessary £30-55k sitting around you will either need sponsorship or a decent job.

Unless the job market has changed since I left full time education, I don't see how you will be able to land a job that will fund your aspirations without further qualifications or a good deal of time working your way up from the bottom.

Working at McDonalds would be as good for your flying aspirations as it would be for your skin - I know, I worked there whilst studying for my A Levels.

Sometimes when you ask for advice, you don't always hear what you wanted. Knowing very little about you, I'd say you've made a mistake.

Don't be in such a rush. Play the percentage game - stay in full time education as long as you can, and enjoy it. You will be at work for 35 years plus anyway. That's enough for anybody.