PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this an accident waiting to happen?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2011, 17:14
heli-cal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a reply from McGreggoruk (a passenger who posted the video) to criticism left on the comments panel;

Thanks for the comments so far guys, I guess you're all saying it was a bad idea to egg him on then?! :P Hate to say this, but the guy was doing this all day long with every ride, unless the passenger's didn't want "emotion". We saw it buzzing around day after day beforehand, so I thought it must be safe enough as he hadn't fallen out of the sky by then.

I'm sure it's still being flown around like this to this day...

(P.S dont tell my wife any of this!)
McGreggoruk 1 day ago
He, (McGreggorUK) also has this to say in his You Tube Channel listing;

15th Jan 2011 - Purto Seguro, Bahia, Brazil

For a R$100 each we got a 12Km ride in a chopper off the beach. Fantastic views of the beach, mainland and sea travelling north, before turning back and scaring us all half to death.. They did ask if we wanted "emotion" or not and of course we asked for all they could give......

The helicopter is a robinson - which I've heard runs off a piston engine like a car, and I think is the cheapest helicopter to buy, which didn't fill me with confidence, but we'd seen it buzzing around for the past couple of days without much trouble. At one point after we dive low to the sea, a warning light and alarm came on for "low rpm" which you can see in the vid! I did have my heart in my mouth at that point!!!

As you can see from the vid, there's not much health and saftey in brasil, as we waited for our flight, one of the beach vendors selling kites walked right next to the helipad with 5 kites in the sky!!

Overall the best adrenaline kick for 40 quid!
At 04:46 in the video, the pilot brags "I'm a bad guy!".

Last edited by Heliport; 26th Mar 2011 at 00:26.