PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iv made my decision. where to now?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2001, 14:24
Sick Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liquidhockey, with respect you are either making one of the boldest decisions of your life, or the biggest mistake. You may be too physically close to that decision to realise it.

So therefore, if you are being offered feedback, it is best to accept it in a non-defensive manner. I use those words carefully, they come straight from a document used in my airline to highlight some of the traits demonstrated by an effective crew member. Would you choose to fly with someone whose position was "I've made my mind up and will not change it on receiving further information" with regard to a dynamically evolving situation, like the working environment you want to enter?

I wish you luck, but caution that you turn down advice offered on this board, freely and with good intentions, at your peril. From my personal take, going only on the wording in your post above and not knowing any other background I would step back and reconsider for a while, a week, a month whatever.. a flying job does not happen overnight, and you must manouever yourself into the correct position before you even enter the frame. By restricting yourself academically you close many more doors than you open for a flying job.

Once again, good luck, but believe me decisions that can seem so clearcut one day can look so foolish the next. I've been there before.

£6

[ 22 July 2001: Message edited by: Sick Squid ]