PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roll rate
Thread: Roll rate
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2011, 15:38
gravity32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the interest in a Boeing 757?

I have been involved in arguments with people over some of the events of 9/11. They are arguing that the official account of the impact of AA77 on the Pentagon cannot be correct because they found a few witnesses who say the plane passed north of the former Citgo gas station. If it did, it could not line up with the damage trail, both outside and inside the Pentagon. They assert the damage was done using explosives, while the plane flew over the top of the Pentagon. No witnesses to the plane flying over the top have been found. These people do not seem to respond to the fact that far more people are on record that the plane hit the Pentagon.

We have radar data showing the plane aiming right at the impact damage at the Pentagon, but it does not go all the way as the plane gets too low for radar. I have done some calculations which show that if the plane curved round the Citgo gas station at the reported 530 mph, it would have to be steeply banked. It has to come out of the left bank then go into a right bank.

There is only one thing missing in my calculations: the time and distance it would take to switch bank from left to right, say 70 degrees each way, assuming maximum control wheel input was used?