PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Policy is not law – AAT buckets CASA decision
Old 25th Mar 2011, 07:01
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
R 206.. invalid.. ie illegal

smh.. You are right, No AOC and No CPL either at the time.... and so what?
The AOC is an economic mechanism to "allow" you to work..and as a PPL I wouldnt get one. But I am a PPL /Photographer.. that is my profession.
So as the bum stated it was a commercial action that I did .. selling photos.. from a "safety" point of view, WTF has that got to do with CASA.

When this same ****** was asked What about Dick Smith PPL/photographer?
Ahh, but thats different.!!? ( They just dont have the testicular fortitude, do they?) So much for LAW and "bad law"

At the time on the CASA web site were all these new and exciting changes about to happen, to allow me get on with life... and a job. But as CASA usual, they never did eventuate, some dragging on until 2003.

As a PPL I can fly my aeroplane and take photos to my hearts content and that is not deemed to be an UNSAFE activity, but I can only give my pictures away for free.
How then to make a living? Become a bank robber? Join CASA (upchuck!)
Then there was 27(d) ? allowing an aircraft to be used for a commercial purpose....? Not an unsafe purpose
So my acts of commerce, as far as CASA is concerned is the deciding "unsafe" factor...one which doesn't exist. And thus is a breach of a "safety" regulation.

Just like the Caper decision wth the Charter and /or RPT.. there IS NO safety implication being either one or the other.

For the GA industry its been schemoozle with CASA getting into the commerce of tools of trade, trying to mind other peoples' businesses and with SFA to do with safety.

Ever heard of CASA busting a PPL Barrister flying to a job with his para -legals, a trolley load of brief and law books (tools of trade), an the invoice to the client bills a/c time and etc.? Holy crap...a "commercial" flight
No... they wouldnt have the balls.

What about a CASA Canberra winter escape trips, travelling around the north, with a box of CARS ANRs and all the other "tools of trade" to refer to,..got an AOC, CP and a CPL? I dont think so.

They do it with a PPL LAME and his tool box flying into a job at some remote strip. WHAT ON EARTH HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH CASA THAT THE LAME IS GOING TO PUT A SPANNER ON ANOTHER AEROPLANE AFTER HIS FLIGHT.?? Quite frankly...its none of their fn business.!

What CASA ONLY needs know is that: the pilot has a valid licence and medical, the the aircraft has a current MR, and the flight was conducted ok under the VFR/IFR rules. Nobody has a problem with that. I certainly dont.

And if you think CASA, when doing a job for a competitor co./"mate" leave no stone unturned, you're right.
Before court first time around I carried on to complete my work schedule.
I was advised that by doing so, I was in contemp of court !!
Hullo... I havent even been to court yet, but of course, these are the people that like to be judge, jury and executioner! Their will be done.

They also looked at getting the AFP to seize the aircraft and do an arrest.!
Which would have meant the contract or balance of, probably would have gone the the competitor co.
No wonder "Starsky and Hutch" tailed me from PJKT to CityBeach.
Taking photographs for money must mean y're a very naughty boy.

During all this,it did make me begin to wonder what country I was living in..!!

At NO time over this period did CASA approach me about ANY SAFETY issue whatsoever.
Which kinda makes my case about "commerce" being the kill factor.

So thank you very much GEO 171 for yr post. Excellent.

It confirms, yet again, to me that which I believed all along... that "commercial" regs are illegal.