PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US to stop work on GE F-35 engines
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2011, 20:31
draken55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch!

On reflection, a flippant remark but one that tried to reflect concern about the JSF Project.

I am sorry and bow to your superior knowledge, though not your spelling of aeroplane or programme unless we are talking about computers and/or you hail from across the pond.

So is all now fine with the F-35B? Should we have cancelled in favour of the C Model? Why is the US D of D so concerned about cost escalation?

I did not say anything about the RAF buying Super Hornet, just that with at least one new carrier on the way, the initial order envisaged will not be enough to allocate machines for carrier borne and land based use. If you are telling me that the F-35C will cost no more than Super Hornet or Rafale, I for one could not be happier as it resolves my concerns over cost, capability and numbers.

I don't share your view that the RAF carefully decided that it wanted two fast jets and don't see any value in bringing politics into this discussion.

Out of interest though this from another thread:-

BAE Systems and Rolls-Royce signed support contracts worth £ 574 million and £ 198 million respectively for the RAF/Royal Navy Harrier force only last year. Both contracts have eight years left to run, so the MoD will likely face a substantial bill to compensate the companies for their termination.

Last edited by draken55; 25th Mar 2011 at 09:11.