PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adjusting the ILS minima
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2011, 12:06
Fonz121

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Adjusting the ILS minima

Question; On conducting an altimeter check at the OM you find the altimeter is reading 100ft high (as an example, OM height should be 3000 on slope and your altimeter reads 3100 with GS centred), are you allowed to adjust the minima? In this case raise it by 100ft.

I've been asked this in a formal situation and when given the OM scenario and asked what my actions would be I said I would revert to the LOC approach.

When pushed further as to what else I could do apart from that I said I would conduct the missed approach.

Once again I was asked if there were any other options apart from reverting to the LOC and conducting the missed approach. The only other thing I could think of was to raise the minima but I was hesitant in this answer as I have never seen it written in black and white that you can actually do this.

Based on the wording that if there is any "unexplained discrepancy" at the OM check then the ILS has to be abandoned, I wouldn't have thought this would be allowed.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Fonz121; 24th Mar 2011 at 13:30. Reason: Example heights opposite way around