PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2011, 11:03
PPbash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
full of shiet

McGrath

Yes these are the guys. They were all trained using the piston sim at Oxford Aviation with a handmade cardboard ASI scale with higher speeds handwritten on and 200 knots of wind up the arse. Supposed to have been trained using a professional CRJ Sim but it hadn't arrived.

More to Follow

The Kelpie

Wrong.

You need check your info. I believe the first four were sent to UK for the MCC(73 or CRJ) and type rating. Your source at OAA is a joke anyway, you and him enjoy your lengthy careers flying piston singles.

PS. I don't think that doing a MCC in an FRASCA Is all that bad anyway. QF were doing it through there cadet programs for years. Multi Crew Co-operation courses are all about the crew working together to apply SOPs and build decision making skills. It's not a type rating. Are they worth it though? I don't know, plenty of people flying around without having completed one.. It would be interesting to hear from some people that have completed a course, and how it prepared them for there type rating. Not worth 15k though.

Anyhow, most of the boys that I talk to (jet drivers) 1. Agree that directly into a RHS is and;
2. Don't really care as they aren't taking our jobs. Selfish? Probably, I did the GA thing and if they (cadets) don't want to get paid crap, flying around in GA, then they should get paid accordingly for 6 years.

Why such the detective work to have a crack at Jetstar & OAA every second post? You sound like you were a cadet that didn't make it through oxfords wonderful (sarcasm) skills assessment.

Anyway all this makes for interesting reading when I'm bored. Let the programs destroy themselves, they have been warned enough I say.