PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA Cessna 180's in PNG
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2011, 09:58
Skywagon1915

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
MFU update

MFU has not had much done to it todate. I have some Ford Mustangs and finishing a 69 Mach 1 428CJ right now. It has taken up all my time. Since I last talked to you all, I have been busy scrounging the world for missing bits. Have now found set of cowls, aileron, lift strut, rudder, cargo pod, engine mounts, V-brace for windscreen and full interior incl RHS door to mention a few. Bought the P-Plonk upgrade kit as well to put in. I now have located some 98% of the missing airframe bits and have an engine/prop lined up when ready.

There is a spare set of wings I want to sell if you know any takers, they are off 1850100 ex VH-FFC, one of the early ones and need full rebuild (see below, they would be a good workshop project or fill in job I guess.

So, the 428 will be finished by June 2011, so I should be able to get into it after that. My aim is to have her back in the air for under $200k. This cheap Chimbu because the fuse has had considerable work done to it over the succession of owners since Bensbach. I've decided to put her back in the original Tiger Yellow colour scheme as first operated by MAF in 1972 +

Chimbu, you would remember sitting in this seat and sweating it out ????

I have had contact with a number of old MAF pilots or people associated with MFU through my web site www.frednolan.com and they have been Winston Ussher, Ron Kingsley, Ron Watts, Roger Young, Terry Burn and Dan Macarthur (for his Dad John). It's exciting to collect all their stories and some pictures of MFU in action.
======================================================

Last edited by Skywagon1915; 24th Mar 2011 at 12:06.