PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Policy is not law – AAT buckets CASA decision
Old 24th Mar 2011, 09:25
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erudite Posts

By our esteemed and respected colleague - Sunfish.

I have read many of your posts with delight and amusement, but, I always thought there was an element missing. No disrespect intended but, over the last few years dealing with the CASA has become a mind numbing, destructive exercise in bull dust, that beggars the imagination.

The Sydney company you allude to had, for 18 months been operated to a fairly inflexible standard, way above previous times, way.

Had the new 'authority' discussed it's issues with senior staff, changes would have been made; forthwith - no discussion - therefore no safety alert.

It is quite correct to say that it's sister company deserved and needed "regulatory management', probably shutting down. No great argument there it was crook; but had CASA asked and had CASA not gainsaid or ignored documented evidence, then perhaps, just perhaps, young Andy Wilson would be alive today.

I thought you perhaps failed to grasp that the CASA is not capable of acting in good faith, not for one minute. In days of yore, yes absolutely, but since 'the man' and 'MY policy over law" - etc. Not even close.

The best claim the current mob have is the rag they call the ASD has won a prize. Bugger ICAO, bugger` IOSA, bugger the FAA. The next audit will be interesting. Thou shalt have one God and I am a jealous God. Well we shall see about that.

Words fail. Welcome to the club Sunfish, finally you understand why there are people who risk their livelihood to get this information out there. It would surprise you to know just how little is said against how much anger there is, no one deliberately sets out to be in breech.

Selah