View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2011, 06:40
Popgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B Scale is here in Australia

Poptart,

Quote:
The Aussie B Scale has arrived at J*.
Can you please elucidate on this statement? What has actually happened?
An internal email was sent to all Jetstar pilots yesterday welcoming the Cadets to the company:

I am pleased to announce that the first of our Cadet Pilots plan to commence flying within our airline’s Australian operations from April 2011.

I would like to welcome them and I look forward to you welcoming them as they move into our Australian business.

Jetstar has now become one of many airlines from around the globe that successfully recruit and train Pilots through regulatory-approved Cadet Pilot schemes.

This exciting development is parallel as we continue to create more Command opportunities within our Pilot Group with the arrival of new aircraft and new routes.

This initial group of four Cadets represents a significant milestone for Jetstar in establishing a new pipeline of high quality pilots to support our growth and excellent safety outcomes across our networks in Australia, New Zealand and pan Asia.

These Cadets have completed the Advanced Cadet Program through CTC Aviation Group plc.

To ensure these Cadets receive the most appropriate training and development opportunities alongside some of Jetstar’s most experienced Pilots, the Cadets will be engaged in Jetstar’s Australia business under an Australian contract of employment that meets Australia’s modern award terms and conditions, and all other statutory obligations including tax and superannuation.

Under Jetstar Group’s existing career opportunities for Pilots, Cadets will be employed on a local contract in the country where they are based.

Through a leave without pay scheme from our New Zealand business, the arrangement provides our Cadets with the flexibility to return to their original base, at their original position, in the future.

We launched the Cadet Pilot Program in June 2010 to deliver highly-skilled pilots specifically trained in Jetstar procedures.

This is a positive for our industry and a positive for industry flight training standards.

The Program’s establishment represents a significant fresh investment by Jetstar in the region’s aviation industry to further grow and develop the skills and capabilities of a highly-skilled workforce.

I haven't seen the contract but they have not been hired on to the Australian EBA.

Rumour has it that they have been given an Aussie contract that mirrors the 2010 Award...