PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2002, 07:28
ANFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Birth of myth!

ICO 330, I have read your post several times now. I am really not sure how to commence answering your demands that I "admit exactly when you did make your application whether by telephone, or in writing. Or if you asked to put your application in the drawer until after the dust settled." When you phrase things this way, it makes me think that you have probably made up your mind that I somehow was up to something sinister and given the tone of your question(if that is the tone that you intended), I will not answer it.(A bit like me perhaps demanding that you admit to when you stopped beating your wife, no?). As for the assertion that "after March 1990 is it not true if you didnt contact the two airlines prior to the "magic date" you wouldn't get a guernsey anyway." This is demonstrably not true. I was talking to an ex-collegue (an Group 2 capt) who started in late '90and says that he should have a good chance at Emirates because he has a dated letter from Alf Gloster acknowleging his initial application. This letter is dated July '90. It is probably true that there were some in GA who were calling up the airlines every 5 mins during the dispute, but I have no evidence to support such a conclusion. I didn;t myself and have heard of no-one doing so.That you "...have that on good authority being personally told that by one of the managers at the time. In his words "what a pity you didn't make contact with us, even a phone could would have sufficed" may not mean anything, Perhaps they didn't like your application or for some other reason you( or your collegues on turbo-props) did not meet the required profile of the time. (This shouldn't been seen as a personal failing.If your handle reflects your current type, then you haven't done badly in the long run). I hope that the evidence that I can present (the friends letter) clarifies the issue for you regarding your suspision that only people who were in contact with the Airlines during the period Sept '89 to March '90 were employed during '90- '91. I myself know that this is not true.