PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2002, 04:04
Thumbs up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAPTAIN M

I've quietly sat on the side lines for a while,but now have to decided to make a contribution to this thread.

Don't forget the dispute was initated by us (AFAP) over money (29.3%,from memory).So your ranting and raving about greed is flawed.
I can clearly remember at a Fed meeting an obtained copy of the (new) AN contract being waved around and being told that there was no way this contract could be worked to.Interestingly none of us were allowed to peruse this obtained contract.But now people like yourself are claiming that it was a good Contract.
................so which is it Kaptain ?............

It was a good Contact,for the Company as well as Pilots.Personally I was well paid to do the same hours in that first year back as I did in the three years total prior.Certainly not a Contract that was completly unacceptable as we were led to believe.
Mashed Potato incidents were far from the worst harrasment received by returnees,in fact as a junior Pilot at the the time it disgusted me at what some of the non-returnees would do.A so called professional group with vindictive,callous("bleeding heart",hey Kap) acts such as I know that you are aware of,and how did I know about these acts?.Amazingly many of these people couldn't get back to the Fed office fast enough to boast of their actions.

Kaptain M, ...why is that your only reasoning for people returning is to solely benefit themselves over others?.Do remember in the February of that year when we held our one day stop work meeting,and we were told we may have to be prepared to strike for a month?.Well I do and I voted for it,then in August I then voted for protracted action as seen fit by the executive,but I never,never was going to give up a job I dreamed of,and worked hard for (just like you), for years, for bad decisions made by the AFAP!.As I said before I proudly walked into my AFAP office and announced of my intention to return,I even gave them the opportunity to talk me out of it by giving me an iron clad guarantee of a job back with Ansett,Guess what ?....

I and most like me whish the dispute never happened,intentions for greater than normal advancement were not the agenda as you would believe,(unless your accountant says so!!).
I like a lot of the hundreds of unemployed ex-Ansett Pilots are going through the process of disposing Assets to pay bills,something you may have had to do 13 years ago.The difference is you and your merry men are revelling in our (read all Ansett) loss.
How sad for you kaptain M.