PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 11:57
ThatRedHatGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To may 26,

Mari is not being harsh. There are many many 'newbies' arriving all the time. The 'helpless' attitude of many of them is extremely frustrating. Some of the, are goign home right after the training because they are just not independent enough to deal with the move, or too immature to be responsible and just party all the time so they fail ab initio training.

Your response to Mari, that you will not even consider to take on board what she is saying, tells me you might be one of these people.

What is wrong with just saying "Thank you for the advice", not "Ohhh it doesn't apply to me, why are you saying this and being "acid"".....

Mari takes a lot of her own time to answer questions here and the way some people respond to her is just downright disprespectful. As someone who has been here a long time, she actully DOES know what she is talking about, and is giving you the honest truth- whether YOU think it is harsh or not.

Now I just know I'm going to get called harsh or mean for THIS response!!

I also see the SAME questions being asked OVER and OVER and OVER again!! There is no excuse. Stop being lazy and do what most other people do- READ THE THREAD!! If you can't take the time to read the thread then I wonder how you will do in subjects like GMT and SEP... LOTS of reading required and you do need some independence & common sense to get through it. Some people here are frankly, not ready and should not be applying.

I am getting tired of *some* of the new crew coming on board who are bone lazy and do nothing, are here just to only have fun and not work and expect others to pick up their load. If you have that kind of attitude people will not like you here. Yes we can have fun on board but we need to work also. Yes when you're new it's ok to ask questions, that's how we learn. But, when you have been flying three or four months and act like it's your supy flight then you have a problem... and yes there are crew here who are still like that. Working with them is exhausting!

Also, this goes for ANY of you who ask for advice from any of us already working in EK and then decide to throw the information back at us. By all means you don't have to follow it, but instead of telling us so, just say "THANK YOU"

Having said that there are some lovely people coming in and they are great to work with, all I am asking is that before runnin here asking for help just try to help yourselves to work it out first and then if you can't do it/find the info you need, come ask here. Honestly these skills will help you when youi get to Dubai.