Thread: JQ New hires
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 11:29
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Danger

Yep. You're a wind up merchant.

For good measure though and because I want to ensure that just in case you're not a wind up merchant that people understand not all cadets are complete tools.

Why? All I see here is jetstar and cadets being pulled through the mud.
Many anti-cadet comments are based in ignorance. Unfortunately, your contributions thus far confirm every bias that most non-cadets have towards cadets. Given your contributions it's only natural that cadets will continue to be bagged. Heck, even I'll join in if you continue along the road you're currently travelling.

Why should I pull my head in when I am just standing up for myself and my group?
If you were standing up for yourself and the group from a position of strength rather than a position of ignorance I'd back you 100%. Sadly, no matter how many times you tell yourself that you're standing up for yourself and your group, the reality is that you're tearing them down.

Ill bet you wouldn't tell a 747 FO or an F-18 pilot to pull his head in if he makes these comments?
Oh puh-leese. Ignorant comments are ignorant comments no matter who they come from. Telling a 'colleague' to stop being an idiot is part of the job. I've been told on occasion. I've told others as well. We normally accept it in the manner in which it's been given and take a good long look at ourselves when it happens. You on the other hand.....

Why don't I get the same rights? Just because I am new to aviation and have selected an unpopular entry route.
That's just it. You do get the same rights. Someone who is acting like an ignorant dolt gets called an ignorant dolt no matter what their background. A newbie who is ignorant to the workings of their industry but spouts crap gets told they're spouting crap. That you think you're being treated differently shows how little you know. As I said in my earlier post. You don't know what you don't know.

Anyway...

Back to normally scheduled programming. The next post will decide it for me whether theorangestar is a deluded newbie or a troll.