PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria Helicopter crash discussion
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 10:24
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Before you bang out fishbang,

Not only that despite what others felt he had more experiance at mountain flying gained over the past 10 years than many will achieve in a life-time.
There is a huge difference between being experienced in mountain flying and flying a-b in mountainous terrain 6 days a week for 10 years. Would Mark for example be able to brief a Squadron of helicopter pilots before they go mountain flying training in Saillagouse on the different techniques and 'gotchas'. ?

I would be interested to know on which of the many mountain flying courses available in the UK he attended or instructed/passed his knowledge on, or was this experience learnt on the job !

The problem I have with all of this is that most folk on PPRUNE remain annonymous....the likes of TC and SS, what they say is probabally all good stuff after years spent in aviation, that said though for all I know they may indeed be bus conducters or train drivers!!
I don't think you'll find it hard to discover who SS is.
He isn't one to hide behind a username, google silsoesid for example, oh dear don't go looking at that helitorque profile, you may be dissapointed that I'm not driving the No5 into town

The way he likes to look at it is that if people know who he is, his posts have a certain substance to them

Please don't stop reading this thread fishbang, we appreciate your input, but in the kindest way I don't think you are looking at it from an aviators point of view. Hopefully we can all learn from this and I know personally how hard it is to see the picture when you lose a family friend. G-BLUN

With changes nationally, one day soon I may well find myself a bit further North than usual and be calling for your help.
Until then, all the best and happy sailing
SS