PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fort Rucker Pilots Vote No
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2002, 00:29
SASless

Received 558 Likes on 227 Posts
Same thing they always did Thomas....except in time they will do so at a better payscale. At least they have the military retired pay to fall back on while they sit out the affair. Non-retired pilots don't have that luxury. If you work for a government operation then you probably have the benefits and pay somewhat commensurate to your work as funded by the taxpayers that these guys are trying to get. The retired pay and benefits they enjoy as retired military pilots is their bonus.....not an excuse for LSI to hire them without providing the same benefits and quality pay that any working pilot deserves.

Would you do your job for the same scheme as they receive? I dare say not......if at anytime you think you are overpaid then feel free to write a check to your employer and refund the amount you think you have been overpaid.

I support them in their effort just as I support the Gulf of Mexico pilots in their efforts to improve their pay and benefits. For crying out loud, PHI went 10 years without giving a simple cost of living raise to the pilots....and the management wonders why they have a union to deal with now.

In this day and time....the only reason for a union is bad management.....the government has generated regulations, laws, and mandates that relieve the unions of their original causes beyond pay alone. Things like OSHA, EEC, DOL, DOT, and so forth greatly provide the protection of the workers.