PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 08:37
victorlht88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 1 Interview

Thanks alot blackbird93. I applied in dec and they got back to me somewhere in feb with my scheduled interview dates.

Interview (45mins)
Personal + Technical by 1 Pilot and 1 Staff from Cathay Pacific.

The personal interview is more of a "get to know you" session whereby you gotta sell yourself and let them have a better knowledge about you. As for technical interview, I believe its based on your prior experience (flying hours/experience) as he only asked me 1 question. You got to read up on some basic information about Cathay Pacific and its all the pretty standard interview questions. My questions were phrased from my application and he asked me to explain more on the reason for applying Cathay and not other airlines.

For those without prior flying experience (just like me) then I guess you will have to be prepared to ace the personal interview section.

As for the other 2 guys who were with me, heard they were grilled pretty badly about the technical aspects and not so on the personal side. I did not have much flying hours so I guess the pilot didn't really focus much on the technical aspects.

Technical Test (45mins)
30+ MCQs, just digest the JKI.

Personality Test (30mins)
2 sets of 17 Questions whereby you got to rank the sentences.

Reasoning Test (45mins)
1 set of 10 questions which is pretty straightforward and simple.
1 set of 35 questions which will be tougher.

*well according to blackbird93, he mentioned that it will be 12 questions in set 1 and 36 questions in set 2. i might have made a mistake but i guess the number of questions don't really matter much anyway, does it?

Both sets will be based on Raven's Progressive Matrices.

Thats about it, all the best to the rest!

Last edited by victorlht88; 23rd Mar 2011 at 15:10.