PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 23:38
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sevenstrokeroll:

aterpster

its it he lowest published glideslope intercept altitude that is the key to a continuation of the approach.
Yes, at least in the U.S. More officially known as the P-FAF (the little lightning bolt on FAA charts), the beginning of the profile feather on Jepp charts.

has anyone considered that the go around began, and then someone caught a glimpse of the runway and ''went for it''. I can think of doing three approaches at KMDW and seeing the runway each time on the missed...but we didn't go for it...we actuall went for KIND (indianapolis).
Seeing as how they went to 100 feet I can see all kinds of further ugly scenerios.

so, decided to go around, go around and then oops, there's the runway...and you aren't watching your speed.

once the decision to go around is made...it better be a darn good reason not to go around.
All of that is sort of moot when descending IMC to 100 feet in a CAT I operation.

As you say, once the decision is made to miss the approach from the legal DA, anything you see after that is not to be acted upon in any circumstances. It might, however, provide useful information about whether to try another approach.

Last edited by aterpster; 23rd Mar 2011 at 01:07.