PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbine time, Fixed wing VS Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 16:48
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
DC3freightdog

Gordy
Since you have 695 posts you could make a constuctive contribution.
You really want a constructive contribution? I could post your cover letter and resume, but I will not do that without your permission. So I will just generalize for you.

If you are a HAI member you most likely got my resume. I applied for a pilot position and not for a management position. I mention my management experience because it is relevant.
Firstly, nope, I look for line pilots not managerial types. As part of our on-going personal and professional development program, I will develop those skills to any pilot working for me who shows those skills.

Your managerial skills are quite lacking as you sent a resume and cover letter addressed "Good Morning", and yet the resume was sent on "Thu 1/20/2011 3:32 PM". I understand that it would be a good salutation if you did not know the name of the person. If I was to hire a manager, I would look for someone who at the very LEAST was able to look at my company's website and determine who the key players are. I assure they are not hidden. You sent your resume to MY e-mail, which actually has my name in it. Even if you were to do a mass e-mailing, you can set it up in MS word to change and input individual names on the e-mail.

Management/ report writing skills are important regardless if you work for a helicopter operation, bakery or FLETC. Do you like to get a note from a pilot on the back of an fuel receipt "engine broken" or do you like to get a report what hapend in which situation with torque x and temp y?
That is not a managerial skill---I expect that from a straight line pilot. (Or even a bent one.....lol).

Your excurse speed vs lift was interesting.
I thought so..... albeit extremely basic.

Maybe you can also elaborate about the HOTSTART difference, helicopter vs fixt wing eg how would a PT6 start different?
I have no clue, as I do not fly fixed wing. The whole point of my thread was that I believe it is not about the type of engine, but about the size of the aircraft, the missions accomplished and the insurance risk.

I went back and looked at your resume. By looking at my company's website, (which I just noticed needs updating), HERE, you can clearly tell that we do NOT operate any airplanes. Most of your resume highlights your managerial and airplane experiences, and almost mentions you have a helicopter license as a side note. This again shows lack of preparation and attention to detail. I really recommend you change your resume and not sent out mass e-mails.

If you would like, I can post your resume and we could all give you some hints and others could maybe learn also.

Edited to add:

I think if you look back on my 696 posts you will see that like many people on here, I really do attempt to be constructive---albeit with a slightly warped sense of humor sometimes....

Last edited by Gordy; 22nd Mar 2011 at 16:56. Reason: Added another line