PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbine time, Fixed wing VS Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 13:26
DC3freightdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALCON
Thank you for your input. Maybe I was not very precise with my question.
I meant turbine fixt wing vs turbine helicopter time.

EBCAU
Thank you for reading my post and referring to my question. This is a very rare still in the internet age were many people just post bla bla in response to get their post ratings up.

Gordy
If you are a HAI member you most likely got my resume. I applied for a pilot position and not for a management position. I mention my management experience because it is relevant. Management/ report writing skills are important regardless if you work for a helicopter operation, bakery or FLETC. Do you like to get a note from a pilot on the back of an fuel receipt "engine broken" or do you like to get a report what hapend in which situation with torque x and temp y?
Your excurse speed vs lift was interesting. Maybe you can also elaborate about the HOTSTART difference, helicopter vs fixt wing eg how would a PT6 start different? Since you have 695 posts you could make a constuctive contribution.

BB
reference letters: I enclose an FAA statement that I have no accidents and incidents with my application. This should say something if you are a licensed pilot since 1983 and have a clean record. Also I have character and professional references. However I only divulge certain references after initial contact for OPSEC reasons.

It appears that once you are over 40 you become overqualified and unemployable. Maybe some managers are insecure and afraid that an aviation professional with 20 years experience detects their mistakes and doesn't believe in some of the management fairy tails anymore.

fly safe
Bernie