PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIBYA (Merged) Use this thread ONLY
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 12:01
Lonewolf_50

Received 425 Likes on 267 Posts
CargoOne:
And by the way, as correctly noted by another poster, using B2 makes a lot of mixed feelings in countries who were initially supportive for the action.
Actually, it seems to me that telling anyone we used the B-2 is a stupid thing to do. B-2 is supposed to be a stealthy attack platform.
What you do is use it, and don't tell anyone you did, since it is 'invisible' ... What I see coming out is just more stupid, OPSEC vioating nonsense by the brass and pols, standard issue since Gulf War / Desert Storm.
BandAide.
Normally I'm rather hawkish, but I don't like the trend with Arab League backstabbing, press hostility, leadership and command mistakes (announcing no boots), and doubts about Libyan opposition loyalties.
It's time to end this and let Libyans and Arabs work it out.
We could have let them work it out without dropping a single munition.
Torygraph this morning describing the Typhoon.
"It is so fast that it can comfortably escape from any enemy missile fired at it".
Good lord, will the journos just stop with the silliness?
dead pan, in re RoE
Err, I think they probably are. I'm sure they will surpass anything seen previously in terms of their byzantine complexity.
Maybe someone should invent a sofware programme like Prince 2 to take a UN resolution and turn it into RoE. They'd make a fortune.
Well said!

As I understand the media report, a Strike Eagle (F-15E) had a problem at high altitude, crew ejected, and got separated by X distance. One guy recovered, another "in the process of recovery" somewhere. CSAR units were what? HH-60G? MH-53? Osprey? Will be interesting to hear how that works out.

"Mechanical Malfunction" induced ejection???

Hmmm, that's odd, twin engine aircraft ... that too will be interesting to hear about.