PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIBYA (Merged) Use this thread ONLY
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 08:01
BBOWFIGHTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When and IF.....

A particular tabloid was, a couple of days ago, saying that it would all be "over in 48hrs." We knew of course that it wouldn't. But with Gen. Richards being "slapped down" by No. 10 in regard to taking out Gadaffi there is need to wonder what will happen next. Could it possibly the case that when we have done the job we just stop and let the rebels have the country. Its absurd isn't it. But it would also mean that Gadaffi cannot be allowed to stay or run the country so.............what next? President Obama has, apparently 'scaled down' the operations so what then? Is it turning to can of worms?

Who gets Gadaffi off his throne? I'd take a bet that Gen Richards has seen the distinct possibility that we will have to have him gone - preferably dead. We cannot leave it now, the Colonel's time in Libya has to be ended one way or another. There is no solution in sight so I guess its nine skittles for the time being but with more and more strikes. ONE of them has to finish his nibs there and then.

A politician's life is not always easy but I wouldn't want to be one now.

Having said all that it does my old heart good to see our aircraft showing that maybe the FOX will have to do what Gen.Dannett says - "reverse" the mil cuts. We are going to be doing this kind of action again and again!