PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going beyond 1500hrs TT with Instructing?
Old 13th Sep 2002, 17:33
'I' in the sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeltaT

Your reaction to cessnababe is inappropriate for a professional instructor, she has simply hit the nail on the head.

Perhaps as most of us, or at least a lot of us might feel, instructing is not the be all and end all however it is still worthy of being seen as more than a route to what some might perceive as a 'respectable' accumulation of hours. If at an interview you can show as a result of your instructing that you have continually strived to better yourself and maintain high standards within an aviation profession how can it go against you ?

If your original intentions when starting out on the instructor path were genuine and you just need a break from it, fair enough take one but you should then at some stage be able to return to it and continue professionally.

Your original post does however seem to suggest that you see it merely as a way of furthering YOUR career in which case I side with cessnababe.

Don't forget you were a student once. What did you expect from your instructors, professionalism or did you only want to learn to fly just well enough to further your career ?