PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2011, 22:42
Teddy_86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to May26

Dear May29, I think it is not such a big problem that you haven't received mail yet, you still can attend. I tell you this,because I think that it would be better for you to attend in Romania than in Bulgaria. You will feel more comfortable and calm there, that's what I think.

1) Do a lot of people attend an OD in Sofia?
We were about 200-250 of us, but I am not pretty sure, because the AD took two days and I don't know how many people there were on the second day, because I attended on the first day.
2) Where could I check in for a hotel near Radisson, where the OD is taking place? (not to be far distance as I wil be travelling with my boyfriend with his car so we can stay somewhere near).
Radisson hotel is in the center of Sofia, nearby Sofia University. There are a lot of hotels in this area. I will check for you and write you about apropriate hotel. If you decide to come to Sofia, I will give you a detailed explanation how you can get to Radisson hotel. You don't need to worry about anything, I will help you as far as I can.
3) Have you attended an OD in Sofia before? How was it?
I attended last June and made it to the FI, but I got rejected two weeks after that. It was a great shock for me, because everything was perfect on my FI and the rejection mail was very unexpected. On the AD there was a group of Romanians and they also made it to the FI, they were veeery well prepared and very good looking.
The first stage was a group discussion- We were 8-9 peple in every group and you had to ask the person sitting on your right side "What would you do if you can be invisible for one day?" After 10-15 min one by one, we stood up and tell the recruiter what was the answer of our coleague. After this stage the recruiters cut about 40 people.
The next stage was also a discussion. We were two groups of 10-12 people and the topic was- Do you agree/ disagree with the prohibition of smoking in public areas? My team had to Disagree with this prohibition and we had to discuss and find arguments why we agree with this statement. About 50 people were cut here.
Next stage was the English test. It was not difficult,but it was very confusing. So you have to be very concentrated!
After that we had another group discussion. The topic was- If you are sent to a distant inhabited planet what would you take with you- 5 animals, 5 tools, 5 jobs and 5 things to eat. They cut about 10 people here.
After that it was the psichometric test. It took about 1 long hour. After two days was my FI.
What I want to tell you all is that you have to prepare very carefully. You have to be good looking at first, because it is extremely important. Your outfit should be very conservative. You have to look serious and reliable. And at least, but not last, be very charming! Always smile, always look glad and happy.