PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Second Sydney Airport
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2011, 22:19
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh great some more entertaining times ahead here. Australia is simply a backwater when it comes to fwd thinking re airports. We are such a small player in the scheme if things that the minority 'Ninbies' & idiot pollies have more clout than anyone with a common sense future plan.
From an overseas standpoint we must be looked upon as a bunch of local yokels when it comes to Aussies major gateway airport being severely restricted. Love to know how much extra uneeded carbon we fill our lungs with whilst holding due the restrictive nature of Syd's joke airport.

22+ Mill in a land roughly the size of the USA(mainland) means nobody takes too much notice of what we do & don't see us as a main player in the worlds future transport plans.

Location (If it ever went ahead)? Simple answer........"not in my backyard"

There's more to it than just a location. "IF" another airport where to be built then I'd bet my left one that it too would have severe restrictions & so goes the cat chasing it's own tail!

I look fwd to the interesting amusing reading to come, gives us something to talk about here other than poor T&C's

Wmk2