PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin skywest ties go deeper
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2011, 21:05
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree Joe'. but it apears (rumuor wise) that they may be planning to offer less! Hense in part, the rolling out of the cadetship boogyman.

Let's say they do offer more, but only 5%. 1st year F50 F/O at Skywest earns around $64k + O'time above 75 hours P/Month, plus allwances, etc, etc. Now add 5%. It's concievable that even a relatively junior F/O may end up earning close to $80K, and IMHO that's fair enough. What do DJ currently pay their first year E-Jet F/O's, especially after Salary sacrifice?

When I first saw the T&C's of Skywest F50 F/O's I was initially encouraged. Here's a company I thought that seems to have struck the right and equitable balance, and from what I've heard has a much lower attrition rate than most other operators. It aint' Rocket Science.

I know operationally the East coast Turbo-prop operation will be run by Skywest, but the link and synegies with DJ will be deep, and the last thing DJ want is for "their" Turbo-prop drivers to be earning close to or even more than some of the Jet drivers, as this will invariably put upwards pressure on the jet pilot's salaries.

I reckon they'll offer less money, and use the threat of a cadetship as leverage.