PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radiation Warning
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2011, 19:09
Gate_15L

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Perspective is what you lack dutchroll - people die all the time.
Great until your the one dying...

Dutchroll never said millions would die... but what he does say makes sense...

Chimbu, your quoting statistics and numbers, Dutchie is quoting very real biological and physical risks.

That radiation exposure cube chart oversimplifies what is really a very complex problem. Does it take into account long term exposure to radioactive particles which continue to give off radiation? How long for? What about exposure from ingested radioactive particles where there are no safe maximum exposure limits?

It shows clearly that Bolt doesn't have a very clear understanding of radiation or even what radiation is for that matter, nor where it comes from..

But if you want to take radiation advice from some two bit radio announcer whos tucked away safely in Melbourne, be my guest...

I for one, am not a anti-nuclear fan, (hell, I even considered a career in the nuclear industry before I decided to do something stupid, and fly) but I believe lessons will have been learnt from Fukashima to make future reactors safer. We need nuclear in the long term...

But the current risk cannot be dumbed down as to fit some random cube on a pseudo-chart thats floating around the internet...