PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2002, 15:03
Cornflake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

You mean it will protect YOUR jobs, not ours.

I have heard that ex-CFE F.O.s are going to get commands ahead of our Captains, and that so-called BA seniority will be used to make sure that the most junior mainline person gets ahead of our most senior BACEx guy. I have heard that mainline is trying to pull a fast one on getting preferential treatment on roster bidding, on leave, days off - the whole nine yards.

In the meantime, scope as expressed by a BAR guy I met here at Manchester yesterday will mean no progression onto the 146/RJ, (including even our own aircraft!!!!! ) for non type-rated BACX people until all of BA mainline have had a go on their superior Ts and Cs. On top of that, he said that CFE as was is rapidly promoting the Effoh contingent to maximise their chance at a command, because otherwise they too would be subject to the 'normal' BA progression if they left their current type and type freeze.

It is a complete stitchup, and I just hope our CC have seen it coming; heck, I'd even support our clueless management in their search for lower cost operations. Its all very well to talk about safeguarding future jobs, but call me shortsighted, the job, career and opportunity I'm most interested in protecting is the one which pays my mortgage!!!

As Einstein said, "The only things which are really infinite are the universe and human stupidity - and I'm not sure about the universe!"

By the way, who is "Kevin"?