PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Ansett Captains Commit Suicide: Stress Blamed
Old 7th Oct 2001, 06:23
Ash767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

old-timer

You are correct this is a tragic situation and yes someone should be held accountable and I note that you say the Australian Government should get their act together.

Firstly it is Air New Zealand that should be accountable for all the mess that Ansett is in, and, it is they who should be covering the entitlements as they owned the company and managed it. It should be the NZ Government coughing up the millions of dollars worth of entitlements.

Sure they have handed over AUS$200 million and done a number of other things that now essentially make them non liable from what I can understand. AUS$200 million is hardly a drop in the ocean compared to what our friends at Ansett need.

The Australian Government has under written ticket sales for the next 12 weeks and their is a possibility that this may be extended.

I really feel for all the Ansett employees and my heart goes out to them, I can only begin to imagine what hard times they are going through.

PS Scando there is no need to delete this thread!