PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qlink Stage 3 Assessment info ???
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2011, 09:02
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty certain that other threads have covered this. Also pretty certain that (apart from the sim being the Q400 sim) nothing has changed over the past three years or so.

For now, you should prepare for the interview in this way:

Technically, be prepared to answer anything that you'd be required to answer in an IFR renewal. (i.e. Know your AIP/Jepps, rules and regs).

Know in great detail the aircraft you currently fly (e.g if your current a/c is a PA31, know thoroughly systems such as undercarriage).

Have some knowledge of Qlink and the Dash-8. Your package should have given you some Qlink and Dash information. Know that. (You won't be expected to know drilled down details such as tyre pressure). If you're wanting a Cairns base (say) you should have a good idea where Qlink flies from Cairns.

Personal info: Typical job interview questions. "When have you had to show leadership", "When have you disagreed with your boss", etc.

Expect to be asked when you've broken any aviation rules/air laws. If you have (and let's face it, many in GA have) DON'T LIE ABOUT IT. What they want to know is your decision process that led to this.

I'll post a bit more when I get some time

DIVOSH!