PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2002, 13:33
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
Kap,

Interesting that you'd choose to believe what those guys said when it happened to agree with your view of the world. Ever consider they may have been pulling the pre-89 crowds collective chains with regards their earnings? I'm sure you wouldn't believe anything else JL told you (I had to fly with the guy, and I assure you I wouldn't!!).

When you started with your current employer, you signed an Individual Contract Right? But it's terms and conditions were the same for everyone who joined at the same time? Same deal AN and TN until the contract (Singular) became the basis for the new award. Everyone was on the same deal, the contract spelling out terms and conditions for each rank on each "Group" of types.

So if your accountant was told by another accountant (And him then telling you makes the info 4TH hand, not first!) that AN guys were making 385-420k (Now, you quoted Sky-pirates as saying some one got a 44% increase. High school math is a few decades in the past, but 44% isn;t 3 to 4 times now, is it?) then he was MIS-informed.

How do I know? Firstly it's public record as the contract became the AN award in 1990. My Best Man joined as a DE 767 FO in late '89, knew all your mentioned notables, and was later on the APA committee. I had dealings with EBA committees and can assure you the earning capabilities of everyone up to and including checkies was public record.(Now management! There's a different story!!)

I don't expect any of this to convince you. Someone told you something that re-enforced your hatred and bitterness, and I know nothing, including publishing group certificates (You'd be SURE they were fake!! Your accountants cousin swears they were!!) will change your mind.

As such I will not respond to any more of your posts ever.

If I feel the urge, I'll find a brick wall and talk to it. On the whole a lot more reseptive to alternate ideas and flexible in opinion.