PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2011, 04:57
Capt_SNAFU

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Instead of shooting this down as something bad, we should be embracing it. That is the way airlines want their pilots trained, far better for them to get a new pilot with 200 hours (i.e. around 50 simulator sessions) with a type rating and instrument rating on the type they will be flying, trained to their SOPs in an airline environment rather than a 150 hr CPL with no multi crew exposure and no idea on how to operate the aircraft they are supposed to be flying.

It is competency based training, meaning, if you do not meet the standard, applicants do not get the qualification. The required standard is a lot more diverse an applicable to a multi-crew aircraft than what the CP(A)L syllabus is aimed at a entry level GA operator.
RUBBISH! A bigger load of tripe I have not heard in quite some time. The MP(A)L is only endorsed by airlines because they think there will be a shortage of pilots in the future and they need a mechanism to get more through the pipeline. Not because it is a better way of doing things but because it is more expedient. A CPL holder that gets into an airline also has to do an endorsement on type. I also didn't think too many MP licensees had been issued worldwide.