View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2011, 02:59
skysign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanfahmi :

What's buggering me is this part:
No action will be taken (apart from depressing MC/MW pushbutton):
-until flight path is stabilized.
-under 400 ft above runway, except propeller feathering after engine failure during approach at reduced power if go around is considered

If there is no uptrim on the live engine, the memory item calls to push the power up.
But is silent on feathering the dead engine until ABOVE 400ft.

On approach if you lose an engine you will never have uptrim and in function of your config ( PWR Mgt position ) and PL Angle & Torque you might or might not get autofeather. therefore if you go around you will need to feather engine manually in order to obtain the appropriate climb performance.

Reducing PL 48 degree : I see only 2 possible explanation why is it not in your QRH.
Each QRH is taylor to each operator, and maybe ( I really doubt it but who knows ) your company calculate your climb performance, Acceleration altitude with propeller unfeather and therefore they do not want the crew to manually feather to avoid any mistake.
Or they just forgot to put it in the QRH and you should question them about it.
In order for the ATR to be certified by the FAA the A/C has to meet certain criteria for climb performance and unless you have uptrim & autofeather you will not meet those performance.( it is part of the certification process )