PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 13th Sep 2002, 12:55
imabell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi steve 76,

if i remember rightly you got your first job ***was it in australia as a copilot ***.

australia has done a lot for you, in a previous post you reckoned that working for a mustering company was a dead end, go nowhere job, in fact it is the largest part of the australian helicopter industry ( over one third of the aussie fleet), and has employed more pilots and sent them out into the world, (helicopters and airlines), with massive experience than any other part of it. helimuster has been the best and most generous company for employing new pilots and giving them their start in life than any other. it certainly has done you well even if you were only carrying bums around the gorge, then there is the trans tasman agreement that would have helped you. don't forget your roots boy. those that complain usually had problems getting on with people in remote commnties. too far from mummy.

by the way couldn't you get a job in nz ????.

and pohm1,

i see that you use "we" a lot so we can assume that you are "in" the company. so you might be able to tell us how many pilots get trained and end up on a 206 at the rock and how many get trained and don't. the ones that you reckon don't work hard that is. i guess that they can't give everyone a job can they. so we can also assume that the phones out there will be answered with a british accent.

i see by the last part of your post that you think that people knock your system why would that be ???

so i guess that means that when they (you) are training a pilot that won't make the grade they tell them to give it away or do they keep training them without telling them they are not pulling their weight and giving them a chance to go to another school, before they spend (and waste) $40,000. on false hope yea really!!

flying schools canvassing students with the promise of work has left a lot of unhappy pilots out there.

do your homework mikehuk, i see your in australia you may even be in melbourne, so the conversion rate should not be a problem so ring about. there are schools that will give advice without predjudice, i promise

(*** edited by request by PedalStop)

Last edited by PedalStop; 18th Sep 2002 at 01:33.