PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 18:10
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overall = 21,947
It was about the principle of imposition, not the actual fact that a crew member was removed and the CSD role became a service role. Many of you seem to think that's it all about the CSD having to do a bit of work onboard.
I've been following this over the last week or so, only because some time ago I booked a BA flight for Mrs C 'n me next Thursday, rather against my better judgement but the price and timings were right.

What the statistics demonstrate, yet again, is that with the British there is a direct correlation between the utter, futile triviality of a cause and the amount of time your assembled barrack-room lawyers, observers, simpletons, participants, stirrers and others will devote to pointless disection of its most unimportant details, together with snide abuse of anyone who disagrees with them.

Remind me of when this nonsense started. Was it in 2009? Or was it 5 decades earlier? It seems to have been going on for ever.

If a hard core of BA CC want to strike, no matter how ineffectual that might be, for God's sake just do it and get it out of your systems. You never know, someone may notice.

The rest of the country just doesn't give a toss about your grievances, such as they may be. We are worried about swingeing cuts in public expenditure, loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs, keeping our businesses solvent, our reducing incomes, launching into yet another bloody war, horrific loss of life and runaway nuclear accidents in Japan, and so on.

Guess what; we are NOT worried about the self-esteem, loss of staff travel, incomes, or even the jobs, of a number of BA's cabin staff.

I'm now reasonably certain that my BA flight will operate as planned this week, probably with pleasant and competent cabin staff working normally, so I'll stop reading this thread before I go into meltdown.