PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 16:21
standby standby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed that the thread was slowing a little and apart from 'PHIL' there isn't much going on. So I thought I'd have a look on Face-book (fb) and twit-ter. It appears a number of forces are now 'Tweeting' as to what their aircraft have been up to on a daily basis, to add to that it is understood that some forces are actively encouraging officers and units to have Face-book pages.

So I had a look on fb, 9 people 'like' NPIA on fb but nothing on NPAS.

On twit-ter, NPIA have been slapping themselves on the back since 5th Jan this year but nothing for NPAS.

Whether we like it or not it appears to be the future with great buzz words like 'transparency' 'openess' and 'Needs, Fears and expectations'

Maybe NPAS need a fb home page and we could all see what is going on and comment in an open forum or we can hide in the shadows and poke it with a stick. NPAS could use it to keep us and the population in the picture. Hey its just a thought, I'm sure you all have your own opinions.......

Whatever happens, in the future, someone will be busy 'tweetbooking' what we've been up to!

(Had to do Face-book and twit-ter like that as it came up as facepprune!)