PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIBYA (Merged) Use this thread ONLY
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 15:54
Captain Radar....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faith Hope and Charity

Apologies if I might repeat something already said but my posts have had to be vetted before appearing, this might be time late!

With Gadaffi threatening to take the war into the Med I hope we are going to look after plucky little Malta. Might be nice to have a flight of Typhoons there on readiness. Faith Hope and Charity ride again?

BTW, from watching the telly this morning Greece doesn't seem to have a problem being on board, Mirage 2000's videoed arriving in Souda (possibly from Qatar). Additionally Greece have thrown four F16's into the mix.

Apart from that E3D shown landing at Akrotiri, impressively big bombs being towed around at Aviano (EF/A 18 Growler in the background), Canadian F18's pitching into the circuit post mission at Trapani, possible a coincidence but a SEAD armed ECR Tornado was landing just ahead of them (Italy have said they would allow basing but wouldn't participate). A shot of an F16 tail at Sigonella while the reporter told us the Danes were there with F16's was a bit out of context, the F16 tail belonged to an Aviano based US aircraft.

Interesting to see XV Sqn and II (AC) Sqn marked aircraft doing the business and being told (by the BBC) that 9 Sqn flew the mission. Guess we can't afford the luxury of sqn's flying their own aircraft any more?