PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabri G2 impossible to buy ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 15:24
EddieHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would anyone want to learn to fly in one when there will not be any available to hire. It means they would have to convert onto the Robbo anyway to keep their licence current. And before you mention professional pilots who will probably go on to turbine - how will they hour build.

The customer service aspects sound typically French, there have been horror stories about TB (Fixed Wing) and Eurocopter owners having AOG awaiting response from the manufacturer.
I guess being ex Eurocopter has enabled them to adopt the Eurocopter business model without too much effort.

I would be wary of purchasing based on what has already been said. i.e. if they can't be bothered to respond when you are holding your (substantial wedge of) cash out to purchase, how interested are they going to be responding to warranty claims?
It is a well known fact in any business that the most successful products are not normally the best, but the ones whos manufacturers/suppliers provide the best support.

I think a few more than 22 satisfied customers would be needed to make a convincing business case.
How many of those customers are Government sponsored?