PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radiation Warning
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 13:56
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
I agree with Bloggs ,
All the reactors were shut down as soon as the earthquake hit, all the reactors are in containment vessels. 4 5 and 6 are issues with spent fuel ponds not the reactors themselves. Every reactor had stopped producing heat , its only residual they are controlling. There is no way this can be anything like a Chernobyl unless someone explodes a nuclear weapon right over the top. Chernobyl was a runaway nuclear fission reaction that did not have a containment vessel which exploded violently. The worst readings at the Fukushima plant read fatal doses in around 24 months of exposure. Chernobyl was fatal with a minute or so of exposure.

Having said that lets not deny that this would have released radiation into the environment, but it is a mosquito level compared to the A380 sized amount released by Chernobyl.

The media are to blame for this misinformation, because almost all journalists can't even spell these days why trust them with the facts? You can't pure and simple, thats why more people are turning to the internet for news, they dont have to sit in front of a TV and listen to this ****, we can choose our own areas to read and get rid of the TV journos completely. Last time I watched commercial news on TV would have to be around 10 years ago now, and loving it!