PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 12:40
32megapixels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kelpie and others who contribute here. I must thank you for you ongoing updates and information passed on. I have not posted for a long time on Pprune. I must thank those that post important information. Look at the turn of events in the middle east, the internet, through people power has bought about change. This is what can happen here too. I just want to say I do strongly dislike greedy accountants! They do not see the art of aviation!

I would like to express my concerns for the direction of this industry too. I am a highly qualified airline pilot in this industry. I have worked hard, and got into this industry when it was seen as a viable and respected careeer. I am not stupid, ga background, uni degree and worked hard, started by digging holes and de-horning cattle in the bush, to get rewarded well.

What I see now is a continual spiral downhill. If I could only tell you the **** I have heard and seen, you would be reading a novel. So I won't.

What the problem is, with the continual deterioration of this industry is the skill set and brains being bought into it are being reduced. This is with cadets and ga guys and the lot. Less money being paid, less skill into aviation. Bus drivers of the sky. Whilst at the moment, great skill exists. The next 15 years could be interesting.

I think I need to get out of the airlines and work in corporate. Where Billionaires actually appreciate what was once a recognised career.

Please keep working hard. I am a member of both Unions. Don't know why sometimes, but I am. Thanks for all the hard work to you all that contribute here and keep those of us that don't usually post informed.

Last edited by 32megapixels; 20th Mar 2011 at 13:27.