PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 12:32
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great so long as you don't mind the 6.45am departure from Alicante.
I would admit, trying to get to Alicante Airport at around 5am in the morning by be a bit off putting, but I suppose it would just be as equalling off putting as arriving there at around midnight.

Cuthere, it really is a case of LDY needing 1 based a/c during the summer at least?
It is getting more and more obvious that this is required, especially if the service to STN early in the morning and late at night gets fully reintroduced. It could also allow for more flexibity with FR's aircrafts to domestic destinations in the UK like 2/3 weekly flights to BRS perhaps.

I could see it being the case that we could get an aircraft based next summer with even more sun routes being announced if routes are successful this year. And I don't think it would be overly optimistic to say that in theory FR could be operationg 10/11 routes out of LDY over summer 2012. AS well as perhaps 2/3 from BE!

One thing that signal it would be a long time before we get a based aircraft though would be the fact TMP lacks a based aircraft with some 13 routes out of there. But we'll just see what comes in time!